DataCocoon keeps all the important stuff on your computer safe from harm. Your digital photos, emails, music, documents spreadsheets, presentations... in fact, whatever you choose will be backed up securely on the Internet.
"We couldn't make backup fun, so we made it easy."
Because the copy of your data is stored on the Internet, you are not only protected from your hard disk crashing or from a virus deleting your files, but also from disasters such as a fire destroying your backup CDs at the same time as your PC.
- Easy to use. The Settings Wizard guides you through the configuration process; from where your data will be backed up to finding all the files which need to be backed up.
- No maintenance. Once configured, you don't have to remember to backup - backups are performed automatically at a time that is convenient for you.
- Secure. All your backed-up data is encrypted using the same high-level encryption used to keep your credit-card details safe when shopping online.
- Peace of mind. Because your data is stored over the Internet, not only is it safe from hard drive failure - it is safe from fire and theft too.
- Retrieve files you recently deleted. Files that you delete aren't immediately removed from the backup, so when you realise that you still need that document you deleted last week, it is easy to retrieve.
- Easy to get your data back. In the unfortunate event that you have to get something from your backup, the Restore Wizard will guide you through. Whether you need to get absolutely everything, just a few files, or something you accidentally deleted, all is accomplished in a few easy steps.
- Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
- Around 5MB of hard disk space, plus some working space (approximately 1% of the amount of data being backed up)
- Space on an FTP server to store the backed-up data. You usually get some space from your Internet provider (usually called webspace, or personal web pages).